Monday, July 29, 2013

Viper

Way back in March of this year, I debuted a new costume at WonderCon in Anaheim and nobody knew who I was.  That costume was Viper as she would be seen in The Wolverine.  Well now the movie's out and I am happy to report that not only am I still proud of how my costume holds up, I LOVED the character and the movie.
 
I highly recommend you go see The Wolverine and bask in it's ability to make up for the abomination that was X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  For those of you (like myself) who are used to Viper as Madame Hydra, it might take a second to adjust to the new character, but I have to admit, for a brand new, original character inspired by an existing one, they created a fantastic villain.  She was deliciously evil, unstoppable and absolutely fabulous.
 
Now that the film is out and the character isn't so much of a mystery anymore, I figured I'd go ahead and share some of my favorite shots of the costume from recent cons.  Photography credit goes to Jonathon Courtot and Geri Kramer.
 
The featured Wolverine is the perfectly perfect in every way Lon Brown (Lonstermash) who is hands down the best movie Wolverine cosplayer around (IMO) and should be working as Hugh Jackman's stand-in.
 
 

Print available on Etsy

Print available on Etsy




 
What did you think of The Wolverine?  Let me know your thoughts in the comments or on Facebook!
 
 
CosPlay with me
-Angi

3 comments: